qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [5524] Fix windows build after migration changes

From: Robert Riebisch
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [5524] Fix windows build after migration changes
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:55:20 +0200

Glauber Costa wrote:

> This is a bad idea, IMHO. We currently do have an option to allow for
> runtime selecting
> bios image locations, with the -L switch. The hardcoded version is a
> fallback, and for that case,
> it's better to be totally explicit about which directory we're picking
> things from.

This might be OK for other OS's. But on Windows people don't expect such
behaviour. People new to QEMU get often confused by using "-L ." or
something similar.
And what if I installed Windows not on drive C:? (Yes, that's possible.)
Or if I have a non-English version? For example, "Program Files" is
called "Programme" in German versions of Windows.

Robert Riebisch
P.S. Could you please repair your line length limit?
--
BTTR Software
http://www.bttr-software.de/