qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vga optmization

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vga optmization
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 22:42:22 +0200

Glauber Costa wrote:
My reason to do this way, was to be lazy about updating the dirty bitmap.
But if the common case is to check for all pages in the region, then
it won't matter much.

In the common case we only check for the displayable area. We should split the region into two, one for the displayable area and one for the offscreen framebuffer (the boundary changes dynamically with the resolution). If qemu can tell us nobody is looking at the screen, we can dirty tracking altogether.

signature is too narrow to contain.