qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question regarding NAND emulation.

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question regarding NAND emulation.
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 21:36:15 +0100

2008/11/22 Dmitry Baryshkov <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding NAND emulation. While simple NAND emulation
> is easy, ECC stuff left me in uncertain state. In hw/spitz.c I saw some
> balck magic regarding ecc.lp with shifts, ors etc. So, the question is:
> if I'd like to implement HW ECC emulation for my NAND device, how should
> I return ECC line and col parity bytes?

It depends totally on the nand controller you emulate, but it can be
deduced from a linux driver for it.  Basically lp holds line parity
bits and cp the column parity, you'll see different black magic
applied in spitz.c and in onenand.c and in omap2.c and in
https://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/src/host/qemu-neo1973/hw/s3c2410.c

Cheers