qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFD] TCG context

From: Laurent Desnogues
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFD] TCG context
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 16:23:39 +0100

Hello,

a few months ago I proposed a patch that puts gen_opc_ptr and
gen_opparam_ptr into TCG context:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-07/msg00869.html

After discussing with Fabrice, it's useless without getting rid of the
global TCG context variable.  I fully agree with him.

Obviously getting rid of TCG context variable means passing it as a
parameter to every TCG function which is a rather intrusive and
painful task, though it's mechanical enough that introducing bugs
is not a concern.

I also think that some of the other global variables could benefit
from being put into that context (e.g., gen_opc_buf,
gen_opparam_buf).  That could come later and is much less
intrusive.

I have done all of that for my own needs for one target.

Are some people interested enough that I make this for all
targets?

Laurent