qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [sh] Don't set FD bit in user mode emulation

From: Laurent Desnogues
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [sh] Don't set FD bit in user mode emulation
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 01:13:26 +0100

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 1:03 AM, Lionel Landwerlin
<address@hidden> wrote:
>  static void cpu_sh4_reset(CPUSH4State * env)
>  {
>  #if defined(CONFIG_USER_ONLY)
> -    env->sr = SR_FD;            /* FD - kernel does lazy fpu context switch
> */
> +    /* env->sr = SR_FD; */            /* FD - kernel does lazy fpu context
> switch */

I think it's better when commenting out code to say why it's
commented out.

However in that particular case, I would simply remove the
code:  unless there's something I don't understand, I can't
see why FPU disable should be set (unless, as I said
previously, if the ELF header contains a flag stating the
program needs FPU instructions in which case this should
be handled differently).

Laurent