qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Son 4.1.4

From: M. Warner Losh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Son 4.1.4
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 07:41:15 -0700 (MST)

In message: <address@hidden>
            "Laurent Desnogues" <address@hidden> writes:
: On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Blue Swirl <address@hidden> wrote:
: > On 1/11/09, Olexander Danchuk <address@hidden> wrote:
: >>
: >> Currently I need to run some Solaris 4.1.4 Sparc binaries and I have no
: >> hardware for this
: >>
: >> So I am trying to use qemu to run sparc binaries. I have downloaded qemu
: >> 0.9.1 for Windows
: >
: > Qemu does not support Solaris user emulation (execute single binaries
: > without a full system). It should be straightforward to implement it
: > but so far nobody has submitted any patches.
:
: I think the original poster was wrongly calling Solaris something that
: is SunOS.  IIRC SunOS was a BSD derivative (while Solaris was
: based on SystemV).  Doesn't qemu already have support for BSD
: on SPARC?

Which version SunOS?  SunOS 3.x and 4.x were basically BSD kernels
with increasing levels of SysV bolted o n.  SunOS 5.x (part of Solaris
2.x) was the opposite.

Warner