qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Small powerpc system emulation problem with linux

From: Laurent Vivier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Small powerpc system emulation problem with linux
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 00:44:24 +0100

Le 15 janv. 09 à 00:26, Aurelien Jarno a écrit :

The machine that is emulated is actually a g3beige, that is an OldWorld
machine. Installing quik on such machine is correct. Note that the
current version of debian installer installs a totally buggy quik.conf
file. It has to be fixed manually.

Ehm, linux kernel detected it as a g3blue&white. I wonder why it would
misdetect it that way.

Because of a bug in OpenBIOS.

Can we call this a bug ?

In fact linux looks at the "model" and "compatible" properties of the root node (.

Originally we put "PowerMac1,1" in "model" which is Blue&White, but now according the product number of the mac-io device we put "AAPL,PowerMac G3" in "compatible" which is Beige.

Regards,
Laurent
"Tout ce qui est impossible reste à accomplir"    Jules Verne
"Things are only impossible until they're not" Jean-Luc Picard