qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [6324] Return -errno on write failure (Gleb Natapov)

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [6324] Return -errno on write failure (Gleb Natapov)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:31:26 -0600

François Revol wrote:
The maintainer of our port didn't submit patches because he was too busy to clean it up AFAIK. I'm not even sure it'd still build on BeOS, but that'd certainly help building in Haiku.

So I'm not inclined to change code that conforms to ANSI unless someone puts the work into supporting BeOS in mainline QEMU and that said work doesn't require very invasive changes.

As per other ports, it's not invasive it's just a large diff and it's fastidious to make sure each and every occurence is fixed.

Which is a good encouragement to invest the time in pushing your work upstream. It's unfair to ask upstream QEMU to make changes to make external ports simpler to maintain though.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

something like:
http://revolf.free.fr/beos/patches/ffmpeg_beos_cleanup.002.diff