qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [6392] Add BIOS fixes from KVM tree

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [6392] Add BIOS fixes from KVM tree
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:15:25 -0600

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 01:14:32AM +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
Hi,

I'm sorry to say that, but my tests showed that
0004_kvm-bios-add-mtrr-support.patch is buggy. It reads MSR_MTRRcap
unconditionally which is not allowed if the CPUID features do not have
CPUID_MTRR set. Real hardware will #GP in that case.
This was found by my MSR access tracing patch.

Please add a check for the CPUID_MTRR feature bit before reading
MSR_MTRRcap. Thanks.

Attached, can you confirm it works for you, please?

Please work with Sebastian on this. I'll just pull this fix in from upstream Bochs once it's all integrated.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori