qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Monitor Memory Accesses

From: Andrea Pellegrini
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Monitor Memory Accesses
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:48:41 -0500

Hi all,
I want to track all the memory accesses performed in a program execution. Right now I'm working on an amd64 machine with target x86_64 but eventually I would like to do the same for other architectures (at least ARM and PPC). With few changes I was able to print out the address of the instructions that the processor executes (well at least the first address of the basic block) and now I was looking for a way to record all memory loads and stores. I believe I have to change some code in the file translate.c and I was wondering if anybody can give me a quick help about which part of code I should change. It would be great if I could call a function right before every time a load or store is executed.
Thank you very much!
~Andrea