qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Compiling qemu with nas installed

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Compiling qemu with nas installed
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:22:32 -0500

Blue Swirl wrote:
On 3/8/09, Hasso Tepper <address@hidden> wrote:
If user has packages installed in "nonstandard" paths (like pkgsrc package
 system used by NetBSD and DragonFly - /usr/pkg), CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS are
 used normally by users to help configure scripts etc to find headers and
 libraries.

 $ export CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/pkg/include
 $ export LDFLAGS=-L/usr/pkg/lib

 This causes the problem if user has the nas software package installed:

You should use --extra-cflags and --extra-ldflags. If we're not already making these come before our -I$(srcdir), then we should change that.

Basically, we need to ensure that any of our headers have include priority over system headers in the search path.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

  CC    wm8750.o
 /tmp/q/wm8750.c:24: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list
 before 'QEMUSoundCard'
 /tmp/q/hw/wm8750.c: In function 'wm8750_in_load':
 /tmp/q/hw/wm8750.c:59: error: 'struct wm8750_s' has no member
 named 'idx_in'
 /tmp/q/hw/wm8750.c:59: error: 'struct wm8750_s' has no member
 named 'req_in'
 etc etc etc

 The problem comes from fact that the nas package has also audio/audio.h
 file and it's included in wm8750.c if user or package system defines
 CPPFLAGS which happen to include the path to the audio/audio.h from nas.

 I don't how to fix it correctly, but I think that local paths should be
 always before system or user specified ones.

Rename audio/audio.h to audio/qemu_audio.h?