qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] svn 6658 broke powerpc.

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] svn 6658 broke powerpc.
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:41:31 -0500

Blue Swirl wrote:
Technically the best solution would be to introduce a stable tree also
to OpenBIOS like Qemu. But OpenBIOS development is not as fast paced
as Qemu, so I'm not sure if it's worth the effort.

I can commit the latest version to Qemu SVN and if there are no
issues, update the version in stable before release.

It's your call.

For bochs, we have a patch queue built in pc-bios. For stable, I'd add individual patches that fix issues if they came up. I generally wouldn't update to a newer bochs SVN though b/c bochs has a bad habit of breaking things upstream.

So two options would be to include a new OpenBIOS version or just apply the patches that you think are important.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori