qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] BIOS and VGABIOS

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] BIOS and VGABIOS
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:51:10 -0500

Volker Ruppert wrote:
Hi!

I plan on grabbing a new version of the Bochs BIOS and VGABIOS before
the 0.11 release.  I guess the 0.11 release will happen sometime around
August of this year.  Do you have any suggestion about what time frame
would be the best to pull it wrt overall stability?

LGPL'd VGABIOS:
Only a few changes have been made in the last 10 months, so I decided to change the version number from 0.6b to 0.6c following the version number format used in the past. I only wanted to have a new version for our new Bochs release and I don't expect important changes in the next months.
So you can use the release 0.6c for Qemu if you want to.

Bochs BIOS:
We currently preparing the new Bochs release 2.4 (pre1 released on April 18th). I think it's a good time to sync the BIOS and update the patch queue when the final release is out. I don't know exactly when we do that, but I expect that it can happen in May.

Excellent, I'll keep my eye out.  Thanks.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori