qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Switching to git

From: Laurent Desnogues
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Switching to git
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:45:36 +0200

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Lennart Sorensen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 04:20:44PM +0200, Laurent Desnogues wrote:
>> And what for people between users and maintainers, for instance those
>> who propose patches?  Will there be some recommendations on how
>> to post patches so that it works well?  And don't forget that for some
>> people just telling "a set of patches is good as long as it can be
>> bisected" is too short :-)
>
> Commits that can be bisected is very appreciated.  I have hit way too
> many commits in qemu that cause build failures, segfaults, etc, and just
> generally make bisecting a major pain.

I certainly wasn't arguing against bisectability :)

I just wanted to be sure how to achieve it would be described somewhere
to help git newcomers.  I used that as an example of what makes git not
very user friendly, like inventing some new terminology or use new
command names for things that have been used for years.

And before someone jumps on me, I am not arguing against git, I start to
like it.

Laurent