qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] updating git tree

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] updating git tree
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:32:55 +0200

Christoph Egger schrieb:
On Tuesday 28 April 2009 08:54:56 Laurent Desnogues wrote:
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:50 AM, C.W. Betts <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm feeling lazy and I don't want to look at all the e-mails.  How do you
update your git tree?
Once you've cloned it (aka checkout), you update your tree using git pull
(aka update).

Unlike 'svn update', a 'git pull' doesn't automatically merge local changes.
git fails instead. git is missing this 'automatic merge on pull' feature.
If you have local changes, you must do

Why would you have local (and even more, not committed) changes in the master branch? I always work in branches, commit frequently and rebase then on the master branch with a clean tree.

Kevin