qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Question about KVM and PC speaker

From: Jan Kiszka
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Question about KVM and PC speaker
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 22:29:39 +0200

Simon Bienlein wrote:
> Hello Jan,
>
> thank you very much for processing my request.
> I [1]patched the KVM sources from Lenny and created a new Debian packet.

Did you patch both kernel and user space? Note that my kernel patch was
against the kernel git repository, not against the external modules
delivered with kvm releases. Feasible to convert them, but maybe not
straightforward.

> When I boot the VM from the Lenny CD, there is no audible signal tone.
> It does not make a difference whether I start the KVM with or without
> the option -no-kvm-pit. What do I have to do in order to test the new
> function?

Hmm, I successfully tested with '-soundbw pcspk' + my patches or
-no-kvm-pit. There is probably a different, unrelated issue with your setup.

Jan