qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Networking patches queue

From: Dor Laor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Networking patches queue
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 23:58:48 +0300

Anthony Liguori wrote:

..
Does kvm-autotest have networking tests?

Yes and no...
kvm autotest is able to run standard autotest tests - http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/KVM-Autotest/Tests#autotest autotest itself support various tests, netperf2 is one of them. So with a little effort it is doable.
We'll try to make it easy as possible to run these tests.
Here's a list of some autotest tests:
aborttest dacapo error_test_na iperf lsb_dtk profiler_test stress aio_dio_bugs dbench fio ipv6connect ltp reaim sysbench aiostress dbt2 fsdev isic memory_api real_time_tests tbench barriertest disktest fsfuzzer kernbench monotonic_time rmaptest tiobench bash_shared_mapping error_cleanup fs_mark kernelbuild netperf2 rttester tsc bonnie error_initialize fsstress kvm_runtest_2 netpipe scrashme unixbench btreplay error_setup fsx kvm_runtest_old parallel_dd selftest uptime compilebench error_skip_step hackbench kvmtest perfmon signaltest xmtest cpu_hotplug error_test_bug interbench libhugetlbfs pi_tests sleeptest cpuset_tasks error_test_error iosched_bugs linus_stress pktgen sparse cyclictest error_test_fail iozone lmbench posixtest spew

I know there's some concern about the time it takes for patches to get
applied.  IMHO, the best way to improve that it to get a stronger set of
functional tests.  I have a set I've been working on but it's on my
other laptop which I cannot reach ATM :-/

As has been discussed before, I'm looking for finer grain functional
tests than the installation tests that kvm-autotest is providing now. I'm not saying that this series requires submitting a test suite first,
but rather that if you're interested in seeing networking advance more
rapidly, a good investment would be to build out a better test
infrastructure for it.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori