qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Filesystem corruption at Savannah

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Filesystem corruption at Savannah
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 10:02:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sun, 31 May 2009, Avi Kivity wrote:

> Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>
> > So we have a temporary host on repo.or.cz already, and of course, you
> > are free to fork a personal tree.
>
> I'm not sure we can trust the clones since savannah restored from
> backup. Best is to clone a maintainer's personal tree (last one to push
> wins).

Well, of course you are free to mistrust me.  But I can guarantee you that
I am the only one for now who can change from where repo.or.cz's qemu.git
is mirrored, and I cannot push to it anyway.  The last successful mirror
run (and I get mails when it was not successful) was pretty recently.

However, if something was pushed successfully to savannah, then it was
mirrored, and then a slightly obsolete commit was restored, the next
mirror run would have _undone_ the newest commit, blindly mirroring what
is current on savannah.

'nuff said,
Dscho