qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Live migration broken when under heavy IO

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Live migration broken when under heavy IO
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:19:05 -0500

I'm not sure if this is related, but to comment --

I'm seeing what appears to be occasional dropped I/O on non-live migration -- that is to say, stop, migrate-to-disk, shuffle files around, migrate-from-disk, cont. I have not yet been able to reproduce this with cache=off.

As I understand it, the bulk of discussion in this thread is about I/O submitted by the guest after the migration starts; as I'm stopping the guest CPU _before_ initiating migration, there would appear to be outstanding issues not limited to this scenario.

[qemu-kvm-0.10.5, IDE, qcow2]