qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: hpet emulation problems

From: Andriy Gapon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: hpet emulation problems
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:26:47 +0300

on 21/07/2009 21:16 Beth Kon said the following:
> Thanks for catching these bugs! I'll submit corrections shortly.
>
> As far as supporting level-triggered interrupts, all the guests I tested
> used edge-triggered interrupts, so this is what I implemented as a first
> pass. I don't think there is any reason not to implement
> level-triggered, though I am not planning to work on that at this point.

Beth,

thank you very much!

I think that level-triggered interrupt support could be useful (in the future),
for supporting HPET drivers that use non-legacy-replacement mode or extra
timers, when the respective interrupts have to be shared with PCI interrupts for
one reason or another.

--
Andriy Gapon