qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SCO Unixware 2.1.x on qemu

From: Diego Woitasen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SCO Unixware 2.1.x on qemu
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 19:53:56 -0300

2009/8/8 Natalia Portillo <address@hidden>:
> Have you checked you the Official OS Support List?
>
> It is at http://www.claunia.com/qemu/
>
> El 08/08/2009, a las 19:51, Diego Woitasen escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>> I know this is not the right place to ask this, but the user forum is
>> broken. Anyone has experiencie virtualizing SCO Unixware 2.1.x with
>> QEMU? In my work we have four servers that we can't drop or migrate to
>> a new platform and want to upgrade the hardware (they are 1995
>> machines). The Unix installer starts, detect hard disks but doesn't
>> recognise the CDROM. I've tried it as secondary master and primary
>> slave (in this case, installation hangs checking hardware).
>>
>> If someone send me a tip it will be apreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>>  Diego
>>
>> --
>> Diego Woitasen

Yes, Andrew got SCO Unix 2.1.3 running on QEMU (an old version). He
said that works taking a raw image from a real PC installation but
there are no details. I've just found an old HP workstation (Pentium
100, ide). I will try the same procedure.

If someone has more information, pleaes let me know...

Regards,
 Diego

--
Diego Woitasen