qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Breakage with local APIC routing

From: Jan Kiszka
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Breakage with local APIC routing
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 08:56:38 +0200

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Jan Kiszka wrote:
>
>> Johannes Schindelin wrote:

>>> I tried this, and it changes the symptoms, indeed.  Instead of an endless
>>> loop, it results in a bluescreen.
>>>
>>> As the OP said that it worked for him, I guess it is either in commits
>>> that came after his post, or in my add-on patches.
>> So we are likely on the wrong path. Maybe we have to understand what
>> happens here first...
>>
>>> Hopefully I will find some time to work more on this bug.
>> Would be interesting to know
>>  - if pic_irq_request is continuously called or if it stops when windows
>>    hangs
>>  - what IRQ vectors are delivered
>>  - in what state the apic is, namely the s->lvt[APIC_LVT_LINT0]
>
> Sorry for the long delay.  I just don't have time to take care of the
> issue, but I quickly verified that it still does not work, with aa0cba4
> (Aug 13 2009).
>
> If you are still interested in this issue, could you give me a hint
> _where_ I should output _which_ values?  I'll gladly take time for that
> now.

If some OS does not properly install due to a possible emulation bug, I
am interested, for sure. Let's restart this by specifying the test case
more precisely: What version of Windows are you trying to install? What
is your qemu command line? Where does the installation fail? Are there
specific steps required during the installation to reproduce the problem?

And one more question: Did you check that you were using the
corresponding BIOS to aa0cba4?

Jan