qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu 0.11.0 on FreeBSD - port update for testing

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu 0.11.0 on FreeBSD - port update for testing
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 01:09:20 +0200

Hi!

 So qemu 0.11.0 is out, the first version off the new stable branch,
and I've now made an update for (for the moment) the emulators/qemu-devel
port,
        http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/qemu-devel-0.11.0.patch
that could use some testing before I commit it as emulators/qemu,
especially because its a new branch...

 I have added the serial emulation fix again (which has been committed
to the stable branch now too but after 0.11.0 was tagged; the only other
fix committed since then - MAX_OP_PER_INSTR - has already been in the
FreeBSD ports since back when I first reported it - only that I used
an even higher value now that I look, I'll lower it later.)

 I already noticed one thing tho:  I have updated the pcap patch to
(mostly) the code Jung-uk Kim sent me for the git snapshot, and now
packets especially from the host seem to be received late i.e. I see
ping times of ~1000ms and ssh'ing to the host is laggy too - maybe
setting BIOCIMMEDIATE doesn't work properly anymore with the new code?
(Btw the git snapshot is affected too, I just didn't notice before.)

 Enjoy,
        Juergen