qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Help multi thread support.

From: Nat Gurumoorthy
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Help multi thread support.
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 15:26:55 -0700

Hi,
        I am trying to add support for Ubicom 32 bit processors in QEMU. These cpus have 10 - 12 hardware threads. The current versions have no mmu. The threads do run independent of each other. How do I expose such capabilities to QEMU. There is a flag "-cpu" which seems to allow specification of multiple cores. Would I be using that? I still have to figure out how to deal with cases where registers writes by one thread affect the execution of another hardware thread.

Regards
Nat