qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Support for new target emulator

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Support for new target emulator
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:24:20 +0200

On 23.10.2009, at 14:20, Boyapati, Anitha wrote:

It's great to see someone from Atmel actually taking on the challenge!
I'd love to see AVR32 support in Qemu. It's FWIW the only completely
missing major target.

It was in queue for sometime now. As there is very little support for AVR32 emulation, it has become increasingly important to have a full-fledged AVR32 emulator. Hence QEMU.

Great choice :-).

Btw now that I have someone from Atmel who apparently knows the architecture:

Would virtualization work on AVR32? I mean, is there anything that would keep you from running kernel code in user mode and just trap everything?

I really know very little about AVR32, probably due to the fact that it's still a missing target in Qemu :-).

Alex