qemu-devel

Ubuntu Patches [was Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-kvm-0.11 regression, crashes

From: Dustin Kirkland
Subject: Ubuntu Patches [was Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-kvm-0.11 regression, crashes on older guests with virtio network]
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:55:25 -0500

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Scott Tsai <address@hidden> wrote:
> What's the easiest way to see the patches to qemu that Canonical
> carries for the different Ubuntu releases?
> (I think http://patches.ubuntu.com/ only diffs against Debian for the
> last stable Ubuntu release?)

Correct.  That site is sort of intended to show where Ubuntu's
packages differ from Debian.  I've spoken with the person behind that
site (Jorge Castro) and he offered to see what could be done to make
it more useful to upstream projects.  You can direct your suggestions
to him.

However, all of our packages are now maintained in Bazaar in
Launchpad.  You can (a) checkout the source of the package using bzr,
and going to the debian/patches directory.  Or you can (b) browse the
source code over http using Loggerhead (sort of like gitweb for bzr).
 (a) bzr checkout lp:ubuntu/qemu-kvm/karmic
 (b)
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/karmic/qemu-kvm/karmic/files/head%3A/debian/patches/

Very soon, you'll probably be more interested in "lucid" than
"karmic", very soon.  In which case, s/karmic/lucid/ against those
URLs.

> Also, is there a way for an outside developer to get email
> notifications when a patch is added to Ubuntu's qemu package?

Sort of...  You can subscribe for email notifications to changes to
any given package in Launchpad.

Assuming you have a Launchpad account, you can log in and go to:
 * https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/karmic/qemu-kvm/karmic

To the right, there's a link to "Subscribe yourself".  You'll get
email to changes to that package in the given release (karmic, in this
case, so modify the url accordingly).  You might have to ignore some
packaging changes, as some changes don't necessarily touch the core
qemu-kvm code, for instance.

:-Dustin