qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] gen_op_stl_raw_T0_A0 and the softmmu

From: rvn270
Subject: [Qemu-devel] gen_op_stl_raw_T0_A0 and the softmmu
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 19:51:15 +0100

Hello everybody,

I am working on a project that extends qemu to track the memory accesses.
All the functions in target-i386/ops_mem.h are instrumented.
Logging the reads work fine, the writes give are troublesome.
The code that I am tracking contains a lot of xor instructions.

I have tracked the generation of an example xorl $0x9432bf80, (%esi) instruction
in target-i386/translate.c. The result of the xorl instruction results in the
generation of op_stl_raw_T0_A0 by gen_op_stl_raw_T0_A0. The op_stl_raw_T0_A0
instruction in instrumented in the ops_mem.h header file but somehow nothing is
logged.

So to conclude,  the reads are logged, but the writes give me some problems.
Is there any documentation regarding to the softmmu and these memory operands.

Kind regards,

Remco