qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CELF Project Proposal - Device tree support for QEMU sy

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CELF Project Proposal - Device tree support for QEMU system emulation.
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:29:47 -0600

Rob Landley wrote:
For background of CELF project proposals, see:

  http://elinux.org/CELF_Open_Project_Proposal_2010

Integrate a flattened device tree parser into the emulator QEMU, so QEMU can create board emulations on the fly (at runtime) from the same data files the Linux kernel uses to attach drivers to hardware.

See

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/44869

I'm not sure why Paul never pushed it but I think he was able to create the syborg board purely from a device tree.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori