qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: EHCI support in QEMU

From: Jan Kiszka
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: EHCI support in QEMU
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 22:17:51 +0100

Niels de Vos wrote:
> Hello Jan and Taimoor,
>
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Jan Kiszka <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I downloaded version 0.12.2 of QEMU and I am unable to find EHCI
>>> support in it. Does QEMU support EHCI emulation? Do I need to
>>> download some other patch for it? QEMU documentation also does not
>>> tell anything about EHCI.
>>>
>> QEMU does not support USB 2.0 / EHCI yet. There were patches flying
>> around here, but so far no one stepped up and seriously pushed that
>> towards mainline.
>
> By coincidence I was looking into the same. I found
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-10/msg01326.html and
> started to port it to the current git-tree. My google foo did not reveal
> any other/newer/more-complete patches. The status of this patch is
> unknown to me, but seems to be a good start.

This should indeed be the version I had in mind as well - hell, already
1.5 years since then, and still no EHCI upstream...

> If someone is interested in this partially ported patch, I'm happy to
> share, but it will at least need some attention to make it compile.
> After that, lots of tests need to be done and probably quite some
> bugfixes are required. I'm happy to assist, but do not have a lot of
> time to spare on this hobby project. On the occasion that it is something
> more solid and starting to do something, I will of course inform this list
> again.

OK, to keep this heavy ball rolling, I would suggest posting your patch.
Either it's already in a good shape to get it merged as experimental
feature. Or I will pick it up in git tree, collect patches as they fly
in, and will keep on pushing it upstream. I can't promise spending much
time on hacking, but integration work, basic testing, and some more or
less helpful comments should be feasible.

Thanks,
Jan