qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] VGA doesn't work on isapc target

From: Agarwal, Lomesh
Subject: [Qemu-devel] VGA doesn't work on isapc target
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:18:17 -0800

I have downloaded qemu 0.12.3 and successfully compiled it on Ubuntu 9.10
I can boot Linux disk image from qemu download site.
Now I want to boot a compiled Linux image for 486 on a 486 target. For this
purpose I use the following command -
qemu -M isapc -kernel /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.31/arch/x86/boot/bzImage
I don't see anything on the target console. While debugging I found that if I
enable PCI (by passing 1 as last parameter to pc_init1 in hw/pc.c file), it
works fine.
I tried using std vga in place of cirrus vga but that doesn't work either.
Any help or pointer to debug?