qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] full dynamic instruction trace for MIPS target

From: Boris Cámara
Subject: [Qemu-devel] full dynamic instruction trace for MIPS target
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 15:09:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I think the correct way to get the full instruction trace on a MIPS emulated processor is:

-Disabling the tb cache: I  did this by modifying the tb_find_slow() and tb_find_fast() functions to ever go to "not_found" label where the code is translated with no cache searches.

-Loggin the PC and the instruction: I created a qemu_log() function clone and call it just before executing decode_opc() on target-mips/translate.c

Please, can any one  tell me if it is correct or if I am missing something?

I  made some tests using this method but it is very very slow. Is there a more efficient way to obtain the full instruction trace for a MIPS target processor emulated on qemu?

thanks,

Veja quais são os assuntos do momento no Yahoo! + Buscados: Top 10 - Celebridades - Música - Esportes