qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Print inpit assembly

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Print inpit assembly
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:45:49 +0700

Hi...

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 01:08, John Vele <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I am using i386 linux user mode to run linux i386 binaries.
> I was wondering if there is way to print the input assembly of the
> executable.
>
> I run:  ./i386-linux-user/qemu-i386 -d in_asm ../executable
> but I don't know exactly what in_asm stands for:
> is it the exact assembly of the executable before any processing by the Qemu
> or it is an input assembly after some processing?
>
> Thanx in advance

Regarding the "-d in_asm", I am fairly sure it will show the asm of
the executed process.

However, since you said you're using the user mode qemu, I think it
will just translated the asm of the user mode of the application. Once
it hits system call request, either via int 80 h or sysenter/syscall,
Qemu will simply run the syscall() function and some other
instructions. Hence, no asm instructions are logged.

Hopefully I explain it correctly.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa