qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] xen domU screen corruption

From: Arvind R
Subject: [Qemu-devel] xen domU screen corruption
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 14:50:45 +0530

Hi,
I have a pvops-domU running on xen, using qemu-dm as the device-model.
All is fine as long as I do not switch to the qemu-console (ctrl-alt-1). After
a switch to the qemu-console, on returning to the domU console, the screen
is unreadable. This is because in hw/xenfb.c, in the function
xenfb_guest_copy(),
the case of xenfb->depth == bpp is not handled in qemu-0.12.3 release.
Reverting to the older code for handling the case solves the screen
corruption.

But now, I find that key-strokes are not echoed as they are typed.
Instead, after
the CR, the whole typed line is echoed and everything else is fine. This occurs
only after switching to the qemu-console and back. Any pointer to where to
look for the solution to the problem would be welcome.

Hope this is the right mailing-list.
Thanks.
arvind. r.