qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] eCos in qemu-system-arm

From: Drasko DRASKOVIC
Subject: [Qemu-devel] eCos in qemu-system-arm
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 23:12:22 +0200

Hi all,
I was wondering if anybody had success in running eCos and RedBoot in
qemu, specifically on Integrator or Versatile boards.

I can see that eCos has Integrator port, but for ARM7TDMI and
ARM966E-S variants, and qemu emulated Integrator does not have these.

I am specially interested in this :

1) Boot into RedBoot bootloader
2) Have a RedBoot console to play around, do eth connection, download
application from PC server
3) Jump from RedBoot to application entrypoint and run application
4) Connect to simulator via gdb and debug

Maybe this is not an ideal place to ask, but eCos mailing list is
terribly unresponsive.

Thanks and best regards,
Drasko