qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Latest git version failed to run 403.gcc benchmark in S

From: amateur
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Latest git version failed to run 403.gcc benchmark in SPEC CPU2006
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 09:21:42 +0800

On Fri. 2010-07-30 14:21:42 +0000, Blue Swirl wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 3:40 PM, amateur <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi, All
> There's '-d in_asm,op,out_asm' but it may not help much.

Since the program runs a while before fail, that counts a lot of
instructions(hundreds of millions). With this volume of instructions
to trace, the log file would be two large. Anyway, thanks for the
suggestion.

> Once I singlestepped a program under GDB, simultaneously both in
> native host and in QEMU. After each step, both GDBs calculated and
> displayed a XOR checksum from all registers. I had to do some hacks to
> make address layout and register values match in QEMU.

This sounds feasible. I've managed to make the address layout match
for guest program running in qemu and in Simics. I'll try it.

> > BTW, when I use sparc-linux-gdb with qemu-sparc32plus, it connect, but
> > give the wrong value when print local variables. So, I'm really lost.
> > Can anyone confirm on this, or I'm doing it the wrong way?
>
> You may need to use sparc64-linux-gdb.

Tried both sparc64-linux-gdb and sparc-linux-gdb, same result.