qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] profiling software execution using qemu

From: Bahadir Balban
Subject: [Qemu-devel] profiling software execution using qemu
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 22:02:10 +0300

I would like to trace instruction execution using QEMU. Is this
possible?

Ideally I would like to dump all executed instruction locations to a
file, then match this information to function names based on the debug
symbols in my ELF file, then finally analyze the parts that execute the
most. Is this possible with qemu? Anyone who did this kind of work?

Thanks,

--
Bahadir Balban