qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] isa-applesmc doesn't handle second instantiation gracefully

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: [Qemu-devel] isa-applesmc doesn't handle second instantiation gracefully
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:50:52 +0200

When I try -device isa-applesmc -device isa-applesmc, I get

    WARNING: Using AppleSMC with invalid key
    qemu: hardware error: register_ioport_read: invalid opaque
    [...]

and a core dump.

I know nothing about this device.  Instantiating twice may well make no
sense.  But hw_error() is not a nice way to reject a command line
option.