qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Snapshots ide0-hd0 issue

From: Ubuntu Explorer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Snapshots ide0-hd0 issue
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 08:37:39 +0900

Hi,
I am trying to implement snapshot saving and loading from command line using qemu. I am using both the drive and disk options as follows.

<qemu exe> \
--disk <path to disk file> \
...other options \
-drive file=<path to drive file>, index=0,media=disk,snapshot=on,if=ide,type=drive,cache=writethrough

I am not running latest version of qemu, it is an older branch.

Some details about the issue I am facing are as follows.

As seen from info blocks command,
   The disk file is mapped to virtio block device
   The drive file is mapped to ide0-hd0 block device

When I savevm, qemu saves the snapshot and I can see it in the monitor console.
Also, savevm tries to modify the file provided in the --disk option  rather than the one provided in -drive option (which is what I want to do).

After the above, I issue "commit".

Restarting qemu and "info snapshots" command lists only one block device = virtio
Also, no snapshots are shown.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Regards,
UE