qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Which qemu ports actually work?

From: Torbjorn Granlund
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Which qemu ports actually work?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 11:37:13 +0200

Artyom Tarasenko <address@hidden> writes:

  Nice. Btw, there is no OpenSolaris version for sparc. Only for i386,
  x86-64 and sparc64.

Fixed, thanks.

  "openbsd/sparc hangs" - can you be more specific? It used to work.

Some description of failues is in the plan.

  Also, why would you like to start from scratch and not use Natalia's database?

  http://www.claunia.com/qemu

I found nice graphics, and claims that some oddball and/or obsolete
operating systems (don't take my use of the term "operating system" here
as a praise for DOS, I know the proper term is "boot monitor").  I
cannot find any instructions how to reproduce any of these results.  But
perhaps useful information is hidden behind some pretty graphics
somewhere?  I didn't find any information on current systems.

  Or is the idea to have an agile matrix describing what currently works
  in the git master version? Then a hash describing the used id would be
  nice.

I am simply trying to save time for people like me that are interested
in currently used systems and cannot afford to purchase dozens of
systems.

It is tempting to make something more automatic, and test the repo, but
I am supposed to get some research done, and in a different area than
this, so I will try to resist the temptation of getting too involved
with this fun project.  :-)

--
Torbjörn