qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Which qemu ports actually work?

From: Artyom Tarasenko
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Which qemu ports actually work?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:41:41 +0200

>  http://www.claunia.com/qemu
>
> I found nice graphics, and claims that some oddball and/or obsolete
> operating systems (don't take my use of the term "operating system" here
> as a praise for DOS, I know the proper term is "boot monitor").  I
> cannot find any instructions how to reproduce any of these results.  But
> perhaps useful information is hidden behind some pretty graphics
> somewhere?

No, I meant reports like
http://www.claunia.com/qemu/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=225
or
http://www.claunia.com/qemu/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=230

Now I see that the most reports are not that detailed.

> I didn't find any information on current systems.

This is unfortunately true. Still it would be nice to have all the
infos consolidated in one database to be able to pick the best qemu
and guest versions.

> I am simply trying to save time for people like me that are interested
> in currently used systems and cannot afford to purchase dozens of
> systems.

Can imagine that some OSes might work better with alternative BIOSes.
Like Solaris:

http://tyom.blogspot.com/2009/12/solaris-under-qemu-how-to.html

> It is tempting to make something more automatic, and test the repo, but
> I am supposed to get some research done, and in a different area than
> this, so I will try to resist the temptation of getting too involved
> with this fun project.  :-)

That's understandable. :)

--
Regards,