qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] SCSI Command support over VirtIO Block device

From: अनुज
Subject: [Qemu-devel] SCSI Command support over VirtIO Block device
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:44:12 +0530

Hi

I am trying to implement VirtIO support for a proprietary OS. And It
would be great if I am able to process SCSI commands over VirtIO Block
device.

I tried to execute INQUIRY command but the status returned is UNSUPPORTED.
If anyone provide example VirtIO SCSI Command request structure for
INQUIRY command as per VirtIO spec Appendix D would be a great help.

And also, the paragraph from VirtIO spec - 0.8.9 is confusing for me :

"Historically, devices assumed that the  fields type, ioprio and
sector reside in
a single, separate read-only buffer; the  fields errors, data_len, sense_len and
residual reside in a single, separate write-only buffer; the sense
 eld in a separate
write-only buffer of size 96 bytes, by itself; the fields errors,
data_len, sense_len
and residual in a single write-only buffer; and the status field is a
separate readonly
buffer of size 1 byte, by itself."

Here 'status field of buffer size 1 byte' is whether readonly or writeonly?

I want to know from which version of Qemu-kvm supports processing of
scsi commands over VirtIO block device as a backend.
Although I checked the Host Feature fields in which VIRTIO_BLK_F_SCSI
bit is set. I am using qemu-kvm version 0.12.3.

--
Anuj Aggarwal

 .''`.
: :Ⓐ :   # apt-get install hakuna-matata
`. `'`
   `-