qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [Spice-devel] RFC; usb redirection protocol

From: Frédéric Grelot
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Spice-devel] RFC; usb redirection protocol
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:20:41 +0100 (CET)

> > Do you know whenever certain low-level usb ops can work with this?
> >

> I expect most usb devices to work with this, I don't know about
> really weird ones.
>
> > Specifically iphone firmware flashing was mentioned on the list.
> >

> I think that should work, but that is an interesting case about which
> I don't know enough yet.

If that can help you, I may try to capture the usb activities while doing the
next firmware upgrade.
Unfortunately, it'll be under Windows so I don't know what tool I could use for
that.
If I can confirm that the upgrade works with Oracle Virtualbox, I could also
try that, and capture it at guest /and/ host level.

I heard that next update should happen within a few week, so I'll keep you in
touch about it.

Frederic.