qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Fwd: Re: port-sparc/44389: awk failure during m4 installati

From: Mateusz Loskot
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: Re: port-sparc/44389: awk failure during m4 installation with pkgsrc
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 21:41:52 +0000

Hi,

I emulate SPARC with NetBSD 5.0 installed and I've experienced a problem
with pkgsrc installing one of packages.
I submitted bug report to NetBSD team and received short response
suggesting it is likely QEMU problem (see original message below).

Shortly, the problem is that AWK throws "floating point exception"
Here is the bug report with details:

http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=44389

Given the nature of the problem, it "feels" the issue is unrelated to
QEMU, but I'm not on position to judge the suggestion posted by NetBSD
team is pointless.

I have no idea how to isolate the problem on NetBSD, so I replied to
NetBSD team asking:
===
Could you suggest how to isolate the problem, find exact awk command
causing the error, so I can debug it or forward to QEMU developers with
details necessary to reproduce it?
===

In the meantime, I thought I will attack qemu-devel hoping it may ring
some bells here as well.

Any ideas?

Mateusz