qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] TCG flow vs dyngen

From: Stefano Bonifazi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] TCG flow vs dyngen
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:17:12 +0100

On 01/24/2011 12:40 AM, Rob Landley wrote:
On 01/23/2011 04:25 PM, Stefano Bonifazi wrote:
I am trying to shift in memory the target executable .. now the code is
"supposed" to be loaded by the elfloader at the exact start address set
at link time ..
Ah, elf loading.  That's a whole 'nother bag of worms.

Oddly enough, I was deling with this last year trying to debug the
uClibc dynamic linker.  I blogged a bit about it at the time:

   http://landley.net/notes-2010.html#12-07-2010

(And the next few days.  Sigh, I never did go back and fill in the
holes, did I?)

Inside elfloader there is even a check for verifying whether that
address range is busy.. but no action is taken in that case o.O
Maybe I'll post a new thread about this problem (bug?) .. anyway if you
think you can help me anyway I'll give you further details..
Tired right now, but if you post a clearer question (what are you trying
to _do_) and cc: me on it I'll try to respond.

Maybe I can find some decent documentation to point you at, or maybe
I'll write some...

Rob
Thank you!
I read your post, and yup you also noticed the weird of load_bias.. and wondered how it can work on x86..
But I think your work was on qemu-system.. I am working on qemu-user..
Yup better to post a new thread, I'll cc: you there!
Thank you very much!
Stefano B