qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] IRC channel movement -> FreeNode to OFTC

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] IRC channel movement -> FreeNode to OFTC
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:30:26 +0000

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 12/09/2010 09:12 AM, Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 23:18, Anthony Liguori<address@hidden>
>>  wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'd like to move IRC channels from FreeNode to OFTC, so please join #qemu
>>> on
>>> OFTC starting now.
>>>

>> OFTC is nice place too IMHO... but if it's not a top secret, why move?
>>

> Have been meaning to for a while.  OFTC is a bit easier to work with than
> FreeNode.

There are still a lot of people on the freenode channel.  Is there
anyone with access to do the following:

1. Set the freenode channel's topic to "This channel has moved to
#qemu on irc.oftc.net" and nothing else.  This makes it clear that
we've moved and gets rid of the other (outdated) stuff in the channel
topic.
2. Make it so that no one can speak on the freenode channel.  This
might be doable using the +m channel mode which only allows voiced
users to speak.

That way people are shown where to go and it is clear that the channel
should no longer be used.

Stefan