qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: Proposal: Improving patch tracking and review usin

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: Proposal: Improving patch tracking and review using Rietveld
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:19:04 +0000

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 08:55:30AM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Forwarding this from the GCC mailing list.  Since patchwork isn't
> more than a mail archive the way it's implemented in QEMU, this may
> be a more interesting possibility.

What features are you looking for beyond archiving?

It would be nice to have a dashboard of currently unapplied patches
(with old versions of patch series ignored).  There should be an
automatic way of letting the review system know which patches have been
applied to the code repository.

BTW the email integration sounds good and is critical.  If we have an
isolated system that requires separate log in and manual syncing of
status between mailing list, code repository, bug tracker, and review
tool then it will probably just wither away.

Stefan