qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Missing op on SPARC

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Missing op on SPARC
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 12:54:34 +0200

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 12:07 PM, 陳韋任 <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, Blue
>
>  Since my machine is UltraSparc T2, I should configure QEMU with
> "--sparc_cpu=v9", right? But it gave me the error below,
>
> ERROR: "gcc" either does not exist or does not work
>
>  Maybe I should pass some flag to QEMU or update my gcc?

The logs probably tell the reason, but in general for V9 you'd need
fully 64 bit system libraries, at least for those that QEMU needs. For
example, Debian uses 32 bit userland (V8, maybe also v8plus), but
OpenBSD is fully 64 bit on Sparc64 (gcc can't even produce 32 bit
executables).

Configuring for v8 should work, since V9 CPUs can also run V8 software.