qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 68k and BeBox (was SymbianOS, MeeGO, WebOS and QEMU)

From: Laurent Vivier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 68k and BeBox (was SymbianOS, MeeGO, WebOS and QEMU)
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 13:02:09 +0100

Le mardi 01 mars 2011 à 01:23 +0100, François Revol a écrit :
> Le 1 mars 2011 à 01:18, Natalia Portillo a écrit :
>
> >> Well, most of those emulators do not support the required mmu, except
> >> ARAnyM (and their mmu patch was backported to UAE I think).
> > That's the main problem, but first of all in QEMU there is the need for
> > complete pre-Coldfire 68ks, as well as the modular support for FPUs and MMU
> > (Sun and Apple's Lisa)
>
> Yeah old Sun stuff used their own mmu due to missing support in pre-020 for
> some insn restart.
>
> > Currently the fastest ones would be BeBox, Mac68k and NeXT machines,
> > because almost all devices are already emulated, but the assembly itself,
> > firmware and CPU/FPU/MMU in case of 68k.
>
> IIRC the Mac68k hardware is quite obscure and model-dependant...
> but EMILE and BasiliskII should say enough.

They will not help you:
- EMILE uses Mac ROM to access hardware
- BasiliskII patches the ROM to call its internal drivers instead of
accessing hardware.

The best source for hardware definition is linux...
If it can help I think I have all hardware reference manuals for m68k
macintosh.

--
"Tout ce qui est impossible reste à accomplir"    Jules Verne