qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] AHCI problems.

From: Alexey Zaytsev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] AHCI problems.
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 21:27:40 +0400

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 00:29, Alexey Zaytsev <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 17:46, Alexander Graf <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On 15.05.2011, at 18:41, Alexey Zaytsev wrote:
>>
>>> Hi again.
>>>
>>> After reverting 667bb59, ahci works fine in Linux, if I boot it with
>>> -kernel, but grub seems to have some problems.
>>> Grub2 gets to the rescue prompt. The disk and its partitions seem to
>>> be detected correctly, but not the filesystem.
>>> Grub-legacy (from illumos) complains about checksum verification
>>> failures, supposedly in stage2.
>>
>> So I just tried again and grub-legacy works just fine for me with an
>> opensuse image, after rebuilding SeaBIOS to enable AHCI. I suppose you're
>> trying this on Ubuntu?
>>

> Sorry for the delay. I see it's fixed now, so thanks a lot for that!

Ok, this works for both grub and grub-legacy, and Linux is happy as
well. But illumos won't mount the root fs. From the AHCI debug I see:

ahci: process_ncq_command: [0] NCQ transfer LBA from 0 to -1, drive max 62914559
ahci: process_ncq_command: [0] NCQ reading 0 sectors from LBA 0, tag 0

and this looks a bit suspicious.