qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Memory API

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Memory API
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 12:32:34 -0500

On 05/20/2011 11:43 AM, Olivier Galibert wrote:
On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 09:51:41AM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Is there a use-case for a priority above 1 and if so, what does it mean?

In a modern northbridge mmconfig has priority over external access,
and other internal registers (apic for instance) have priority over
mmconfig.  Bios sometimes map mmconfig is a zone colliding with
something else but where it doesn't really care because the whole
range is not needed.

But priority and registration order are roughly equivalent though for things like this, no?

And the question is, "how do I control what order to register in?" is equivalent to the question, "how do I determine which region gets which priority?".

Both have an answer of, something has to understand all of the regions that may overlap and assign an explicit order/priority.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

   OG.